Kayaks of the modern era is Tandem kayak requiring more than 1 person for its movement i.e. a person who has a team of like 2 or more people can use it only. It provides a person with the resting opportunity because as it is said that 2 people are required for its movement and ones it begins to move a person can take turns so that another can rest. This is preferred because as you can imagine i.e. paddling for the whole day can make the person very tired but with tandem, this problem is solved. Along with this it usually drains the energy of both while it’s moving so it is good to say that people who are traveling on the kayak won’t feel as much tired as they do while they are going on a solo kayak.
Tandems are much harder to turn around as compared to solo kayaks as they are heavy and are bigger, but its plus point is that it is much easier to paddle it as it requires the energy of both kayakers.
Features of Tandem Kayak:
- It’s a good kayak for families and is preferred for them because it can easily fit up to 3 persons in it and a pet too if they like to take it. Along with this, it has a huge storage compartment to store the food so, if you plan on going for a week or so you can take this kayak with you.
- It is much easier to paddle as compared to solo kayak because it drains the energy of both the kayakers instead of one.
- People who are traveling on it can take turns i.e. one can take a break this allows them to not only enjoy the scenery, the view, the environment fully but also don’t get tired at the end of the journey.
- It is good to have people on board because now they can not only socialize and have fun but also share some quality time.
- Being a bigger kayak than the solo it has sufficient space to store all the food and the gear which one wants to carry with him. It has a capacity of like 1.5 times more than the solo kayak.
- In case of an emergency people usually feel safe as they have a helping hand with them i.e. if one person is not feeling well then he has another one to help him and guide him to safety while the paramedics arrive.
- If you own a pet i.e. a dog etc. you can take him kayaking with you because it has enough room for your family as well as your dog in it.
In the above section we have written every possible feature that the tandem kayaks has now it’s up to you to decide which suits you the best and then choose it accordingly, don’t be hasty rather give some thought before choosing and then choose it wisely. Tandem kayaks, the best partner for a family trip.